From Logan Airport, Boston to Provincetown: approximately 119 miles; 2-2 ½ hour drive (drive time varies with traffic variations)
- From the airport take the Ted Williams tunnel toward I-93 S
- Once on I-93 S stay to the LEFT lanes, at Exit 7 stay LEFT toward Braintree/Cape Cod on to MA 3
- Stay on route MA 3 for 20-30 miles; go over the Sagamore Bridge over the Cape Cod Canal
- This puts you on MA Rt. 6, continue on Rt. 6 for approximately 62 miles until it ends
- Turn LEFT and follow the road to the end, this puts you at the Provincetown Inn
From Green Airport, Providence, RI to Provincetown: approximately 128 miles; 2 ½ hour drive (drive time varies with traffic variations)
- From the airport take I-95 N toward Providence
- Take exit 19 on RIGHT toward I-195 E toward Cape Cod (40+ miles)
- Merge RIGHT onto MA 25 E at the last exit on I-195 E
- Take last exit before the Bourne Bridge and take 3rd exit at the round about
- Follow signs to exit RIGHT forward the Sagamore Bridge over the Cape Cod Canal
- Follow MA Rt. 6 to the end in Provincetown, turn left and follow road to the Provincetown Inn
There are two ferries:
The Cape Cod Fast Ferry with Boston Harbor Cruises departs Boston from Long Wharf and has only one daily round trip ferry from 9/21-10/12-2015 that leaves Boston at 9:00 AM. Round Trip cost for an adults—$88, seniors–$76. See www.bostonharborcruises.com
The Provincetown Fast Ferry with Bay State Cruise Company departs from the World Trade Center Seaport District. This ferry is approximately 5 minutes from Logan Airport. To get to the Seaport District you could take the T Silver Line from the airport (or the Amtrak station) or by taxi (there is a water taxi available see www.bostonharborwatertransportation.com ). This company has three round trip ferries leaving Boston at 8:30 AM, 1:00 PM and 5:30 PM. Round Trip cost for an adults–$88.00, seniors–$78.00. For any changes see www.baystatecruisecompany.com for more information or call 1-877-783-3779, 1-617-748-1428.
The Lennons will be available to transport conference registrants from the ferry to the Provincetown Inn. Please call at least ½ hour before ferry arrival time.
There is only one airline from Logan Airport to Provincetown Municipal Airport—Cape Air.
The cost of a round trip ticket is approximately $208.00+/-, prices vary. See www.capeair.com or call 1-800-CAPEAIR (1-800-227-3247) for up to date information. Taxi service from the Provincetown airport to the Provincetown Inn is available.
Cape Air does not fly from Providence, RI at the time of the Norman Mailer Society Conference.
Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway Co. provides bus service between Provincetown and Boston, Amtrak South Station and Logan Airport. See www.p-b.com or call 508-746-0378.
There is also Peter Pan bus service from Providence. See www.peterpanbus.com or call 800-343-9999 for information.
Traveling via bus will take a bit longer than driving but is the cheapest way to get to Provincetown. Buses usually stop in Hyannis for passengers to board another bus to continue to Provincetown. Buses arrive near the Provincetown Chamber of Commerce near the Wharf. You would need to take a taxi from the bus station to the Provincetown Inn.